Rocket Launch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rocket Launch

Just a place to hang out and talk.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why movies?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ooglor 7

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Why movies? Empty
PostSubject: Why movies?   Why movies? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 am

Guys, I am curious and have been since I started this scene. What are the movies all about? Is it simply a creative outlet through the choreography and syncronization of the video or is there something I am missing here? I create stuff for Ultra Hal because I like to make different AI personalities to go with the characters. I make them like characters in a novel. Some I have taught specific information like gardening or what have you. Although it goes beyond just that, that's basically how I am grooving to the Hal stuff. I guess what I don't understand is why hang out in an Ultra Hal forum if you don't use it? Also, why not use poser or some other highly capable 3d character animation software to make the movies instead of sticking with the limitations of the Haptek player? Not trying to be a smart ass on any of this. Just trying to get an idea of what the scene is all about.
Back to top Go down
markofkane

markofkane

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Why movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why movies?   Why movies? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:24 am

We that use the Haptek Characters in situations, like animations, Pictures, and other stuff is to make them seem like real things. Also, I was making movies before I started putting Hal characters in them. I got the idea from others making Haptek player scenes, like Neil did.

Since I could not make a "movie" as a Haptek player document, I used moviemaker, and I think I got the idea from others that did the same thing.

Poser? What's that? I am not ready to delve into another virtual reality program, HAL and Haptek is enough. I've tried various ones, but was unsatisfied. (I never tried poser, some like "Second Life", but I haven't tried it, it might be good, but just never wanted to download more stuff unless I thought I was really going to use it a lot.

Yeah, I live in a fantasy world, and I also like to have fun, because, well, reality bites.

No crybaby

Twisted
Back to top Go down
Ooglor 7

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Why movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why movies?   Why movies? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 am

Cool, I can dig it. So you guys just like making movies. I think I was looking too deep into it. Poser isn't a virtual world. It's a 3d model/animation program that one could make some really cool movies. It's got a steep price tag and the legalities of using it unregistered kinda answers my own question. Reality is for thoses with nothing better to do. Keep on making them groovy movies and more power to ya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why movies?   Why movies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why movies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rocket Launch :: Playroom-
Jump to: