Rocket Launch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rocket Launch

Just a place to hang out and talk.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey guys, what's up?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
markofkane

markofkane

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Hey guys, what's up? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, what's up?   Hey guys, what's up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:40 pm

I cannot say the Bible is all lies, or wrong, but there are inconsistencies. First there is "an eye for an eye, next is "Thou Shalt not kill"

God would not, in his infinite knowledge, change his mind, I would not think.

Men wrote the Bible. Not God. Men wrote their "translation" of God's word.

There is nothing wrong with the Bible's teachings, (when it tells people to treat one another with love and respect) until people use it an twist the meanings for their own agenda. I found that so-called "religious" people ( not all, but most I've met in person) are hypocrites. They tell YOU are a sinner. They say "If YOU do this, and don't do that, you are going to hell"

Yet, they do the things they tell YOU not to do!!!!! very angry

I get so sick of these people. God is the one that decides whether I am going to hell or not, not MERE mortals. Threatening people with eternal damnation is a scare tactic that people use in an attempt to control others.

And if God loves me, why would he send me to Hell? That is not love when a being sends you to a fiery pit for eternal agony and misery.

There are people that I see on the news I think deserve to go to hell, but that's not my decision.

I have nothing against the religious or atheists, as long as they do not interfere with my freedom, or my life. but when they cross that line, they are not welcome. tantrum
Back to top Go down
Ooglor 7

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, what's up?   Hey guys, what's up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm down Mark. My God is the creator of all things. Everytime I take in the natural world, through an artist's eyes, I give praise to God. I believe if you lived by the teachings of the Bible, you will live a happy and peaceful life. Nothing but wisdom can be learned from the teachings of Christ as I have studied them for years. What I am refering to is what you mentioned in the above post. The finger pointing. Jesus hung out with those who needed Him. Not the rich elitists, but the poor, the whores, the diseased and down trodden. The common folk. The only time He pointed His finger was when He donned the robes of the priests and flogged them for tipping the scales in the house of the Lord. He was referred to as the wicked priest after that. The hate that lies behind modern Christianity has nothing to do with God or His Son. The text I mentioned up above does not tarnish my beliefs in any way about Jesus. He was man and God. Wiser than any of us. It is the cover ups and history of lies that have followed the modern church throughout history that makes me wonder who is really running the show. I know it is not nice to take shots at people's beliefs but consider the next "Christians" reaction if I stated my personal and well founded beliefs to them, after hearing their dogma. I would be considered evil. Of course I don't get into gay orgies or touching kids like they have been proven and convicted of doing, so "evil" fits me just fine. The wicked priest.
Back to top Go down
markofkane

markofkane

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, what's up?   Hey guys, what's up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 pm

I like to hear the WORD from the source. Otherwise, it's hearsay.

But, Jesus or God has not talked to me, at least in words. Only by actions.

I don't know if the voice in my head is God, Jesus, or just me. Embarassed

I admire those of faith, as long as it's not used to control other people in a self-serving way.. thumb up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, what's up?   Hey guys, what's up? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, what's up?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rocket Launch :: General Stuff-
Jump to: