Rocket Launch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rocket Launch

Just a place to hang out and talk.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my very first blog about human powered vehicles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lightspeed

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-06-15

my very first blog about human powered vehicles Empty
PostSubject: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 am

hi , i just did my first blog ever on a site i found i am writing about human powered vehicles or hpv's . my blog link is : http://timetraveler.blogs.experienceproject.com
if anyone wants to further discuss human powered vehicles on here i am happy to do so . i want to make one so bad !! expecially with gas prices so high . i will be writing more as time goes by but would be happy discussing hpv's (human powered vehicles )on here . Smile
Back to top Go down
markofkane

markofkane

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Cool. I wish I could turn my fat into instant fuel!
Back to top Go down
tedathome

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Cool, lightspeed. I just saw what looked like 4 wheeled atv's with "bumper car" bodys. They were powered by a 750 Kawasaki engine and street legal. A good and fun mode of transportation that saves a lot of gas if you can afford to buy or build one yourself cyclops
Back to top Go down
alady

alady

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:43 pm

some one better do something to get us a way to power our vehicles no matter what kind they are. affraid alady
Back to top Go down
http://creative-virtualdesignz.net/
lightspeed

PostSubject: adult pedal cars   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 am

they actually have adult pedal cars already made in some form or fashion most are open frames some have egg shaped body's for arodynamics . the rhoads car is a nice set up with one or two seats for adults but are expensive a singel seat one i think starts out at around 1,ooo dollars or more . for any one interested here is the rhoads pedal car link , if you can afford it these are made very well . http://www.rhoadescar.com/?icall=24151 some people use recumberents which are bicycles with a seat thats sits sort of like a car seat too . some are two and some are three wheels . the one i want to fix if i can is a three wheel with two wheels in the front and one in the back . i already have a body design for it . to me a three wheel verson will be easier to fix because i can have the t shaped frame made that will have the tie rods and steering wheel and i can add the bicycle crank wheel and add on the rear wheel from an 18 speed bicycle . the rear of the t frame will have the place made to accept the bycycle real wheel . at least thats my plans . later on i might make the four wheel version but right now this would be the easiest i think to fix i already have a good 18 speed i bought cheap at a yard sale before . my wife although she is afraid it will tip thibnks she couldn't ride something like this but actually it will be easier than a regular bicycle to ride (she can't ride a bicycle ) . what is good is you have a nice seat with back support that is more comfortable . Smile you can type in rhoads pedal car utube and thier is some video's on utube showing people riding them around .
Back to top Go down
lightspeed

PostSubject: almost forgot ....   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 am

oh yeah i forgot i am also thinking of ordering one of the small engines they have on ebay its like a moped engine you can put it on bicycles (is actually made for that ) and they get around 100 miles to the gallon !! this could also be used on my three wheel bike design (at least around here in this small town it could ) people are allowed to drive 4 wheelers and golf carts (electric and gas )around in town here . i will post a link later to the site to buy a engine like this even if you want to put it on your bike it comes with all hardware , throttle etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
markofkane

markofkane

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:55 am

Eventually, we will be back to REAL HORSE power. affraid Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
lightspeed

PostSubject: more links and info.   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am

we will never go back that far but we can do things that will make it easier on us about using gasoline around town . here is another interesting link : http://www.velomobiling.com/MoreThanOne

and here is the link to ebay about the small gasoline powered bicycle motors i mentioned that make your bike into a moped with great gasoline mileage !! i see they have electric
motors on their to now but think gas would be better with the mielage you get .
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=bicycle+motors+&category0=
Smile
Back to top Go down
Dusky

Dusky

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Here's an inexpensive car I use on our beach.
Yes, that's me on it pirat
my very first blog about human powered vehicles 12d
Back to top Go down
markofkane

markofkane

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:11 pm

aye, but me legs aren't strong enough to move my weight around yet. But I am losing weight. cyclops
Back to top Go down
lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:16 am

hey mark if weight is the problem them maybe the small moped type engine placed on a adult pedal car frame might be the amswer (not as exersize ) but still as a cheap form of transportation around town (if your town would allow it , i live in a small town people ride 4 wheel atv's , mopeds, electric and gas powered golf carts to ) !! even with a moped type engine getting 100 miles to a gallon wont be to bad !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lightspeed

PostSubject: american sportster human powered vehicle   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 am

here is another link of a place to make your own human powered vehicle its called the american speedster and are made out of strong pvc pipe construction , etc. some are for kids but their are some also for adults and tells how much weight they will support . you can also (i think ) buy the hardware packages or get them on your own from used bycycles, etc.
Very Happy
http://www.americanspeedster.com/
Back to top Go down
lightspeed

PostSubject: well their went my idea   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:40 am

i saw this article on yahoo about a kick and pulse skateboard , beleive it or not i had the same idea and i know this one works the same way . i had sent partial plans of a skate board i drew up and desiggned that you didn't have to lower your foot to keep it going all you did was pump up and down on the back end of the borad it worked through cogs and a spring , i sent my idea in to an invention marketing place in ca. i paid $200.00 dollars for them to do an analyses of it , etc. but for them to do other things patent search , getting a patent and showing it off at trade shows the minimum was $8,000 (that i didn't have ) and they got so much percentage profit from them selling . my skate board had a urathane body that looked kinda like a sporty car and the wheels were molded in black with white raised lettering and even made an engine sound when moving !
here is the link of something that is made almost like what i drew up even including the optional handle bar mount on it !

http://www.gizmag.com/pulse-kick-n-go-xcelerator/9465/
Back to top Go down
tedathome

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Neat stuff Lightspeed! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lightspeed

PostSubject: pedicar   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:36 pm

although this isn't really about my blog i did have someone write an email to me about my pedal car geocity site that i have talking about the pedal car (pedicar) , i have been so busy i havent had a chance to write him back i beleive he said he saw one in person being driven in a building . Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my very first blog about human powered vehicles   my very first blog about human powered vehicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my very first blog about human powered vehicles
Page 1 of 1